Micromax has launched their new YU device which is named as Yu Yuphoria and is available via flash sale on Amazon. If you are a lucky user to get your hands on Yu Yuphoria, then you might be interested in rooting Yu Yuphoria and installing custom recoveries like TWRP on it. So here we have written a simple guide so that you can root your Yu Yuphoria. Please note that if you are not sure what rooting and custom recoveries mean, then you must not follow this post.
Before starting, you must take care of the following two points.
- Charge your phone to atleast 60%.
- Backup all you data.
After this you can continue to follow the given steps.
- First of all enable USB Debugging. For this, go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number > Tap 7 Times on it and then goto Settings – Developer Options – Enable USB Debigging.
- Switch off your phone and enter Fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume up botton and power button. Release the power button after 34 second but continue holding the volume up button. Now select Fast Boot mode in the screen.
- Now download the files from this link. Extract the files in your Desktop. Inside the extracted files you will find adb_fastboot.zip, SuperSU.zip and yuphoria-cwm-recovery.img.
- Extract adb_fastboot.zip and open the folder. Now Right Click on Blank Space while pressing the Shift key and choose Open Command Window here.
- Now execute the following two commands in the command window.
- fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem unlock
- fastboot -i 0x2A96 reboot
- The above commands will unlock and then reboot your phone.
- Now you can either flash CWM or TWRP recovery. CWM recovery is already included in the downloaded zip file, for TWRP you can download the recovery from this link.
- Place the recovery in the ADB Fastboot folder.
- Now again go to Fastboot mode in your device and execute one of the following command as per your requirement.
- fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery twrp-yuphoria.img (for TWRP)
- fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery yuphoria-cwm-recovery.img (for CWM)
- This will flash custom recovery in your phone.
- Now place the SuperSU.zip file in your phone and then enter the custom recovery mode in your YU Yuphoria.
- Now click on Install zip from sdcard and select SuperSU.zip.
- After flashing the file successfully, reboot your phone and voila, you have successfully rooted you YU Yuphoria.
Feel free to comment below if you have any query regarding rooting of Yu Yuphoria.